Thursday, January 21, 2010

Here we go again...

So Lindon has Salmonella again, but since he's older than 3 months he won't have to go back into the hospital. They won't even treat me at all if he doesn't get really sick. He also has had a barking cough for a couple weeks. The doctor wasn't too worried, but when it turned croupy I got worried and brought him back to the doctor. It was determined that Lindon had RSV because he was wheezing really bad. So we had to spend money on a breathing machine and medicine for that.

To make things worse Claire has been having tee-tee accidents for a couple days and saying that it hurt to go so I took her to the doctor also. She has a UTI. When I called the pharmacy to get a quote on how much Lindon's medicine was they said that insurance covered half of it, but it was still $103! When I got to the pharmacy I discovered that it was Claire's UTI medicine that was $103. Are you kidding me?? $103 for UTI medicine!! They pharmacy was nice enough to call the doctor to see if they could prescribe something a little bit cheaper.

The breathing treatments are helping him a lot. He's still coughing quite a bit, but he's not wheezing as bad.

We've also been looking at buying a house. We found one we liked but found out yesterday that it sold. What a bummer! We'll just keep looking I guess.

5 comments:

Emelie Leifi said...

Sarah...there must be something pretty awesome in your families near future! Remember "trial before blessing" I love you!!

Becky said...

Gosh, Sarah! So Sorry you are going through so much. Your family will be in my prayers. :)

Are you looking for houses in Vidor?

Laurie said...

Landon had croup cough around Christmas time. Thank goodness it didnt turn into anything else!

I hope Lindon is done with getting sick for a while, yall have certainly have had yalls share!

Abby said...

Sorry honey bunches! Wish I could help!

Sarah Fruge said...

Abby you can help. Cake balls!! hahaha

We are looking in Vidor, Port Neches, Nederland, and Groves. We'll go where we find a house.