Friday, August 29, 2008

Hurricane Gustav



So this is the latest projected path of Gustav. It's actually more West than they were saying earlier this morning, which is better for us, but worse for people who live where it is now headed. I've been asking Heavenly Father to lessen the storm or let it just dissipate. I can't pray that it will move away from us because then I will be praying it on someone else.

This year is the first year that I have had a house with a , what is said to be, major storm headed in our direction. I have so many emotions running through my head. I'm worried about my family, my friends, my possessions, and so many more things. I really don't want to evacuate. It would be hard to leave my home and things behind. I think Kev has decided that we will be staying with Caryn and her family in Lufkin depending on the severity of the storm. Hopefully we'll know more in 3 hours. (That's when the National Hurricane Center updates their sites.) I'll post then!

1 comments:

Becky said...

I know it is scary now that we are adults with children and nice possessions. I've been praying too. I just hope it doesn't cause that much damage. We'll see...