Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Baby Movement

A couple weeks ago (at about 12 weeks) I started feeling the baby push up on my stomach. Then last Friday (at 15 weeks) I felt the first like butterfly flutter, like the baby had done a flip or something. Last night as Kevin and I were laying in bed watching Biggest Loser I felt the first kick! He/she was kicking a lot. I told Kev, and he asked if it would be hard enough for him to feel. But as soon as I lifted up my shirt and pulled my pants off my stomach the baby stopped. I guess because I took the pressure off of my stomach. I don't think it was hard enough for Kev to feel anyway.

I am so blessed to be able to feel my babies early. With Claire I was only 14 weeks when I started feeling her. (Normally first time moms feel the baby between 20 and 22 weeks.) It is such a relief to feel this one early since I have been so worried about miscarriage.

My next appointment is about 3 weeks away (April 13). I'm excited because I'll be able to schedule my ultrasound! I've been wanting and thinking this one's a boy, but now I think I want it to be a girl so that Claire will have a sister to play with.

She has such a big imagination. She loves to be different Disney Princesses every day. Yesterday she was Princess Aurora and I was Prince Phillip. Then that night when we were in the bath she was Ariel and I was Flounder. When it was time to get out she said, "OK Flounder but first I have to go to Ursula to get some legs before Prince Eric (Kevin) can come get me." So she "swam" to the other side of the tub and got some legs. :) It was so cute and funny. She is 2 1/2 and she still amazes me everyday. She is so smart and sweet. She seems so much older. Sometimes though she reminds me that she's is just 2. We are working on sharing toys. That lesson is hard. How do you teach a 2 yr old to share?!?! I'll take any suggestions!

6 comments:

Heather Guymon said...

I definitely felt this one way earlier than I did Hannah. I think it was because I knew what to expect, so I think the first time I noticed it was around 14-15 weeks. It just felt like flutters but I knew it was him. Most books say fat people shouldn't be able to feel it that early on but I have NO clue why not? It's from the inside, not the outside, so a woman whether how big or small she is SHOULD be able to feel her insides pretty well right? LOL sorry I am off on a fat rant lately...can't help it with my doc constantly reminding me of "how big I am".

I am definitely not keen on doing this a third time so I am trying to change my outlook on the pregnancy and enjoy what I can...but it's been hard. I am sure once it is all over and done with I will look back and regret not taking the time to appreciate the pregnancy like I did with Hannah, but things are different now and I just really want to get it over and done with and have my son here in my arms.

Matt said...

That's so exciting! When does princess Claire get to come play with Aunt Squirt and Uncle Matt? If you guys need a date night or a Saturday to play, let us know and we'll watch her or take her to do something fun =)

Sarah Fruge said...

Sounds like fun guys! We are coming down there today to see Jan and the babies and do business at the bank. We hope to see you guys!

Melanie said...

Hey Sarah! Congrats on feeling the baby move so early! After reading your post, I started to pay more attention b/c I"m 20 weeks & hadn't felt anything... and sure enough, I've felt a lot this week! I've contacted LIT but they haven't set up an appointment yet - so we'll see:) Thanks again so much for that number. Hopefully we'll know something.

Heather Guymon said...

Ha no thanks on the PT! Hannah was actually pretty easy but the trick was to wait for HER to be ready. If I pushed it she pushed back and we got nowhere. She literally just picked it up within a matter of a couple days and never looked back. I still can't believe she was THAT easy to get out of diapers.

Sam and Robin Packard's Place said...

Congrats on the pregnancy!! And a little boy will be fun for you two! In response to your inquiry, yes, we are expecting a little boy as well.:) By the way, I loved looking at your before and after pictures, I like all the color that you were able to pull into your rooms!