Thursday, July 2, 2009

Potty Training...

...is going WAY better than I thought! I'm so happy and proud of my big girl! Yesterday she only had 1 poop accident! Just one!! She did SO good! Yesterday afternoon I decided to try to put her in panties (she's gone bare bottomed until then). I had to go to the doctor and run a bunch of errands today so I wanted her to get used to wearing panties. She did super good. At first she didn't want to wear them, but her Auntie Em came over and brought her some new princess panties and a potty book, so she wanted to wear them. Thanks Auntie Em!! ;) At night we've been putting a pull up on her and for the past 2 nights she's gone pee before she goes to bed, and she wakes up with a dry pull up!

So today I had to go to the doctor, drop off clothes at Goodwill, go to the bank and ATM, and go grocery shopping. I debated last night whether or not to put her in a pull up or panties. I decided to be brave and put her in panties. She went potty right before we left the house. She also went right before we left Dr Long's office. Then we ran errands for like 2 1/2 hours so I decided we better stop at Nick & Danita's house for a potty break. We then came home with NO accidents!! She did just have a poop accident but then she sat on the potty and went pee. We just need to get her going poop in the potty, and we will be set I think! She's doing really good. I'm SOOO proud of her!!!

On a side note, we were in the check out line at Wal-Mart, and there was a family behind us made up with a grandma, mom, and little girl about 4 to 5 yrs old. Claire and the little girl were talking and all the sudden the little girl called Claire a loser. :( Claire doesn't know what that mean, but she knows it's ugly. She looked at me and said, "Mommy, I'm not a loser!" I assured her she wasn't and the checker at Wal-Mart also assured her she wasn't. The little girl did get in trouble by her mom. It was so sad though. It hurt her feelings! That's the first time something like this has happened to Claire, and I think she handled it pretty well!

The doctor's appointment was routine. Lindon's heart rate was 160, and he was moving a lot. We're doing good. I have to go back in 2 weeks.

0 comments: