Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Time Flies

WOW! I can't believe I'm already almost 32 weeks pregnant. This pregnancy has flown by. Claire's pregnancy seemed to inch by SO slow. I guess since I have a toddler and more responsibilities to take care of I don't have the time to dwell on the pregnancy, thank goodness!

So Friday Kevin and I went to the hospital, where I will be delivering Lindon, to pre-register. During the process I all the sudden was filled with anxiety. I looked at Kevin and told him how real it was feeling to me now and how nervous I was. In a way already having a kid is good, and in a way it is bad. It's good because you have an idea of how everything is suppose to go and sorta what to expect. And in a way it's bad because you know how painful it's going to be and everything that can go wrong.

Claire's labor was super easy for me. I was induce at 8am. I continued to dilate but never felt any contractions until after my water broke at 7:30pm. Two hours later I was fully dilated and twenty minutes later Claire was born at 9:52pm. After the delivery wasn't so good. My blood pressure ended up dropping really low, and I kept passing out. They weren't able to transfer me to a recovery room until the morning because every time I even moved my head I would pass out. Then I didn't get to see Claire until about 12 hours after she was born because I was unstable. I just pray everything goes better, and it's an uneventful labor, delivery, and recovery. Also that everything is okay with Lindon.

Kevin and I have also been talking about being induced. I didn't like the induction with Claire because it was with pitocin and I had to stay in bed all day. I want the option of walking around and showering if I feel like it. I don't want to be induce also because I want to experience going into labor naturally, especially if this is going to be our last baby. (We're not sure at this point) I guess if Dr Long agrees to induce me using Cytotec and not pitocin then I will consider an induction. We'll see when we get closer to the due date I guess.

We ordered Lindon's baby bedding a couple days ago. It takes 6-8 weeks for the lady to make it. I'm so excited to see it and put it up in his room.



Some things will be changed though from the picture. The bed skirt is going to be straight instead of gathered like the picture. The crib sheet is going to be black, and the red crib pillow is going to be in the black astros fabric. Also the bumper will not have the rounded headboard you see in the picture.

I also super excited about having my baby shower in Woodville. I will get to see lots of family and friends that I don't get to see hardly. I think the invitations came our super cute. I told my mom I wanted to do them because I had an idea of how I wanted them to look. Also my mom is so busy with work that I knew it would help her out a bunch. Plus, there were a lot of extra people I wanted to invite that my mom wouldn't have known the addresses. It worked out good.



If you click on the shower invitation picture it will be bigger and easier to read.

1 comments:

Becky said...

That invitation is way cute! Great job! I can't believe you're 31 weeks. Your little boy will be here before we know it!