Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

Christmas was really great! It was so wonderful to be able to stay home together and no have to rush every which way. We woke up at about 7:15am and went in the living room to open presents. Claire saw her kitchen and starting playing. I told Kev the night before that once she saw the kitchen she wouldn't want to open anything else. I was wrong though. She LOVED to open all her presents! From Kev and I she got a kitchen, soccer ball, soccer goal, a couple books, and Cinderella. Danita got Claire a Tickle me Elmo. She loves it! She tickles him all the time. She treats him like a baby too. She tries to put a diaper on him, but then he won't work.

Kev likes all his presents also. I'm very proud of myself. He's so hard to buy for, but I did really good. I made him believe he wasn't getting speaker, but he did. He also got a drill bit set, an Outback Steakhouse gift card, an electric razor, a wii game, and a little coupon book I made him that has stuff like free diaper duty for 2 days in it. He also got a dart board. There's a cute story behind it. Claire and I were in Wal-Mart shopping when she saw the dart board and said, "Get that for Daddy for Christmas." I brought her down the isle that has the Christmas gifts for like $5-$20 and showed her all the different presents. She stuck with the dart board.

I got a lot of jewelry. I love jewelry. I got a set of white pearls, pink pearls, and a set of fresh water pearls (black ones). I also got 2 pretty bracelets, a nice watch and a workout watch, some new head phones for my mp3 player, and 2009 calendar.

Mom got Claire a drum and a baby doll set. It has a high chair, stroller, carrier, and a diaper bag in it. Mom gave Kev and I a gift card. She was too generous with that. I told her not to give us much. We appreciate it though. With Kev's money he got a stationary workout bike. I got a pretty jewelry armoire.

So after gifts we got to cooking. My mom, brother, and two sisters came for Christmas Dinner. My dad had to work. :( We had a lot of fun chilling with family, and having a relaxing day. My brother, his wife, and their son were going to come also but Claire had a wet cough and a runny nose. With Ashlei's low white count due to her cancer she doesn't have much of an immune system. They weren't able to come. We missed them.

1 comments:

Betty said...

I LOVE the slide show!!! It's cool...makes me want to do one!!!