Thursday, June 18, 2009

28 Week Dr's Appt. Update

So today I went to my Dr's appt. I had to take the 1 hour glucose test which I passed with flying colors! 140 and higher have to take the 3 hr test. With Claire I passed by only 2 points, 138. With this one I was at 116. MUCH better this time around wouldn't you say?!?!

I've also only gained 5 lbs total this pregnancy, pretty cool dude!

So, Dr Long confirmed what the ultrasound tech thought, I do have gallstones and sludge. SO NOT FUN! It's very painful when I have attacks. It feels like I'm having a heart attack, and there is no position I can get into that makes it feel better. The attacks used to last about 20 minutes and now they are lasting hours! I've been up since about 3am because I was in so much pain. We talked about inducing early so that I can have surgery on my gall bladder sooner. He said once I got further along he would see if I was inducible. If I am then we will induce. Dr Long said I would be able to have surgery within a month of having the baby if the pain is still bad.

My iron level is within the normal range also, with Claire I was very anemic.

Kev and I bought the new Wii Active game Saturday. It's very cool. It's a good workout, better than the Wii Fit I think. I talked to Dr Long about working out with it, and he said that I needed to be very careful and only do low-impact exercises. I told him I would be extra careful.

All in all it was a good appointment I guess!

3 comments:

Betty said...

Where did you find the thingy at the top of your page that has "Fruge Family Blog" in it?

Hope you had a better night last night.

Love ya!

Sarah Fruge said...

Delightfuldots.blogspot.com then under categories click on header. Then pick the one you want and follow the instructions. Love you 2!

Heather Guymon said...

My friend had gall stones when she was pregnant and ended up being induced three weeks early and went ahead and had the surgery as she was still in the hospital. I had my gall bladder removed when I was 19 but I remember the attacks...oh my gosh I thought I was dying the night my dad took me to the ER and we found it was gall stones. I have never been in that much pain other than labor! Hopefully you can make it through without much more pain. I feel for ya!