Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Fun Mother/Daughter Times

I LOVE summer! I love the idea of not watching any kids but my own. I love the relaxing flow of summer at this stage in our life. I'm sure as our kids grow up it won't be relaxing anymore with sports events, and recitals. I look forward to those times too though. Yesterday Claire and I had a great lazy day. I borrowed a kiddie pool from our cousin. I blew up the pool and filled it with water. Claire had fun swimming for about 45 minutes. Then we came in and cleaned up. We played with some playdough. Claire really enjoyed that. Then it was nap time and I really enjoyed that! ;) It was a great day.

Today has been great also. We woke up and ate some breakfast. Claire played with her toys while I did my workout on the Wii Active. We then got ready to go to Sister Brown's house for Mommy and Me swim time. Claire loves to swim. She's so independent in the water but cautious at the same time. It's a good combination. She's such a fish! There is a young woman, Ashley Abbott, in our Ward, and Claire fell in love with her. She wanted Ashley to swim with her the entire time, which was great cause I got a break. :) We then came home, cleaned up, ate some lunch, and Claire is taking a nap while I relax. Life is GREAT. The only bad thing is that Kevin won't be home until late because he "has" to go to am Astros game for work, like that's a bad thing. :) I'm glad he gets to go do something fun that he enjoys with some co-workers. He never goes out with other people. I have my awesome friends that I see once a month for Ladies' Night so he should go out with friends.





0 comments: