Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First Appointment Scheduled

I scheduled my first appointment with my OB/GYN, Dr. Long, for January 28th. I will actually be seeing a Nurse Practitioner that he hired because Dr. Long had knee surgery on New Year's Eve. He will be out of the office for like a month. This appointment is just to confirm the pregnancy, pick up a bunch of prenatal vitamins to try out, and get my lab paper work so that I can get all those done. I'll schedule my first prenatal appointment that day. He does that around 12 weeks. I should go for that appointment at the end of February, beginning of March.

I'm excited about going through all this again. I'm more excited for Claire to experience it. I hope she understands what's going on. She knows that I'm going to have a baby. She calls the baby, Baby Drake already. I hope it's a boy, or I'll have to teach Claire a new name. :) I do ask her what the baby's name is if it's a girl, and she says Baby Presley. (I watch my friend's baby who's name is Presley.) I tell her that's not going to be the baby's name, and she says, "Oh, then her name is Baby Anna." :) I asked her the other day which name she liked better between Madelyn and Kaylen, and she said Kaylen. So Kev might win if it's a girl and get the name he wants.

I'm not worrying so much about having a miscarriage anymore. I just pray and hope that everything goes well. If it doesn't though, we'll just try again. It's amazing how many things can go wrong with pregnancy but often doesn't. I just have to have faith.

2 comments:

Becky said...

That's exciting! I get baby fever sometimes. Then I realize I'm crazy because Aubrey isn't even 1 yet!

Betty said...

The baby counter and such are really cute!!!

Can I come to your appt with you?

Love you so much!