Monday, January 5, 2009

Worries!

Ever since I found out I was pregnant I have been worrying about having a miscarriage. I'm not sure why. I don't know if it's just because I have wanted to get pregnant for about a year, and now that I'm finally pregnant I'm worried something is going to happen. Maybe it's intuition or the spirit telling me that I will lose the baby. I don't know. It's driving me crazy with worry though. To top it off, last night I started cramping real low in my abdomen. I might have been cramping because I was up on my feet a lot yesterday. We went to church, and I had to give a lesson in Relief Society so I was on my feet for about 45 minutes. We also had to come home and clean and cook because we are doing family dinner over here now on Sundays.

After I started cramping I went to my room and laid down. I called my mom and asked her what she thought. She told me to get a blessing. Kev gave me a blessing that didn't really comfort me then. It said to remember that the Lord is in charge, and whatever happens is for the best. It did also say though that sometimes there is nothing more to things. So that got me thinking that there is nothing more to the cramping.

I did, however, wake up feeling comforted. Kev told me last night that if something were to happen that it would be okay, and we would just try again. I'm not cramping anymore, and I feel a lot better mentally. I know that Heavenly Father knows what's best for us, and he is always there to comfort us.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm glad you're feeling better now. Pregnancy always causes women to have all kinds of emotions going on.

Sarah Fruge said...

Yeah, it's just weird because with Claire I never worried once about losing her when I was pregnant. I feel better today though.