Thursday, August 13, 2009

36 Week Dr's Appt



Today was my appointment, and I was excited to see if I was dilated at all. I didn't gain any weight, my blood pressure was good, and there was no protein in my urine. I had to get some cultures done, the Group B Strep and some STD's. The STD's will be negative I already know. :) The Group B Strep test however is another story. I was positive with Claire. I'm hoping it's negative so that I don't have to worry about getting the antibiotics when in labor with Lindon. Oh well if I am though.

So I was checked today. I was thinking I would be about 2cm dilated and 40% effaced because I've had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions and pressure down low. I voiced my concern to Dr Long about me thinking that Lindon was breech so he felt on my belly for awhile. After he was done he told me that he also thought he was breech. He said when he checked me he could tell better though. So I am not dilated and only thinned out a tad, not even enough to say I'm effaced at all. Dr Long said that he was breech though. He said we'll monitor if he turns or not in the next couple weeks. If at my 38 weeks appt he thinks he's still breech he will order an ultrasound. If that shows he is breech then we'll schedule a c-section probably. I hope he turns though. I REALLY don't want a c-section!

I guess I'll just take it a day at a time to see if he turns. Claire and I were in the Dr's for 2 hours and got bored. So here are some pictures from the visit.







3 comments:

Betty said...

What a little diva!!!

Jennifer and Brett Hadley said...

So cute!! I hate when the doctor office takes forever! And I hate all those test. But, what can you do..they are important.

Becky said...

Sarah,
You look so good! I love your hair! Who did your highlights??