Monday, August 24, 2009

37 Week Appointment



Friday was my 37 week appointment. Lindon is still breech. I've been doing a couple of positions and stretches that are suppose to make him flip, but they haven't worked. He'll go from breech to transverse (sideways), but then he'll just go back breech. It's so painful when he makes big movements like that. After he goes from breech to transverse and back my stomach is so sore for days.

Anyway, I gained 5 lbs. All that is fluid though because I'm SO swollen! My feet, legs, hands, and face get so puffy and uncomfortable. I know I need to take it easy, rest, and put my feet up, but I'm in that nesting stage BAD! All I want to do is clean and organize this house. I also know it's just fluid because I've been walking 2-3 miles a day, and I can't really eat a lot because there's no room for the food. :)

At my 36 week appointment I wasn't dilated or effaced at all, and I didn't think I would be at my 37 week appointment because he's breech and not engaged in my pelvis. So there's no pressure on my cervix to help it dilate. I was 1 cm dilated and 60% efface much to my surprise! I would be more excited about the progress if he wasn't breech. I REALLY don't want a c-section.

People keep telling me that it's not bad, but I just don't want to have one. It would ruin all my plans. I want it to be just Kev and I in the delivery room with Claire coming in right after the delivery to see her baby brother. I am committed to breastfeeding this time, and I don't want to be in too much pain to breastfeed. I also don't want to have to recover from major abdominal surgery just to have to turn around and recover from my gallbladder surgery. In my prayers last night, instead of praying for Lindon to turn, I told Heavenly Father than I was fine with whatever would be the safest and best for Lindon and me, whether that be vaginal or c-section. I just want to have a healthy baby and be healthy myself. I have complete trust in Heavenly Father and what his plan might be for us at this time. I also trust my awesome doctor and what he thinks is best for us. I'll just have to grin and bear it, whatever "it" might turn out to be! :)









Here are some pictures of Miss Claire Bear riding her new bike that Kev and I got her for her birthday. She has't yet mastered the pedaling, but she LOVES to give it a go! :) What can I say... she's the bomb-digity!!









3 comments:

Heather Guymon said...

Oooh you are getting SOOO close! It's almost here and will be over with and then you get to hold your sweet baby boy in your arms! I am getting so excited for you!

Melanie said...

I'm sorry to hear about Lindon being breech! That is hard to hear... but don't worry:) You will be well taken care of and it always seems to work itself out. You look TOO FANTASTIC and it is almost over - and then you get to enjoy that sweet baby!

Becky said...

Claire looks like a little Diva on her bike. She's too cute and so are you!! Hopefully that little boy will turn in time.