Sunday, August 2, 2009

34 Week Appointment & Family Reunion

Last Thursday was my 34 week appointment. I told the nurse that my right kidney has been bothering me, and that I was worried about it because during my gallbladder ultrasound the tech told me that I had fluid in my right kidney. She just told me that...well she really didn't tell me anything. She just said she would test my urine. That test came back negative, so no infection. Why does my kidney still hurt though? Anyway, so then I talked to Dr Long. He said that the surgeon, Dr Schmidt, had called him and said he was going to do surgery soon after the baby was born. He said the next week in fact, but I think I'm going to wait until around November. That way Kevin can build up some vacation time, and I can get the breastfeeding down with Lindon before I have to stop nursing for a couple days because of the anaesthesia. I also talked to him about not inducing, but I think I'm going to after all. These gallbladder attacks are SO PAINFUL! My next appointment is in two weeks, and I will be getting checked. I'm really curious as to if I am dilated or effaced because I have a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions all the time that get pretty painful sometimes. Maybe he'll just come on his own a couple weeks early...Wouldn't that be AWESOME!

Saturday was the Odom Reunion. We got there about 11:30am and stayed til about 1pm. Claire stayed behind to stay the night with her Gammy and Paw Paw so that Kev and I could go shopping for her birthday party that is Saturday. I hope she loves the presents we got her. I now understand why my mom was so stressed at holidays and birthdays. You want your kids to be happy, and you worry that they won't like the gifts. I so get that now. I used to tell my mom to not worry about it, and that if we didn't like the gift that we could just bring it back. Boy was I naive. I am SO worried about Claire's reaction. She wants one of those big princess cars that she can drive, but they are too expensive. We just can't afford one right now. So I hope she's not heartbroken. We got her a princess bike. Kevin is really excited to teach her how to ride it. We also got her a little helmet and shoulder and knee pads. She's going to look precious! I can't wait to see her in them. I'm kinda sad though because her cousins that live in Lufkin can't come. She LOVES her cousin Taylor, and I know she'll be sad that she's not there. My nephew, Hunter, has 2 T-ball games that day though so I understand why they can't come.

Reunion Pics: It was SO hot!!




I had my Woodville baby shower last Saturday. It was fun. We all just sat around talking. Not many people were there because a lot of people were on vacation and some were sick. I appreciate all the gifts though. I also appreciate my mom throwing it for me. She's one of my best friends! I'll have pictures up of the shower when I get them off my mom's camera. I also have another shower that my close friends are throwing me. I have the greatest friends ever! I really appreciate everything they do. I love how close we are, and that we would do anything for each other. It's awesome! After this shower I guess I will feel more ready. Because right now I don't feel ready at all! Kevin tells me all the time how many weeks I have left, and I tell him to be quiet because it freaks me out. I still feel like we have so many things to get done. We really don't though. We have all the big stuff from when Claire was born, we have preregistered at the hospital, we have paid our amount that we needed to pay up front, and I have my breastfeeding class scheduled. I don't know what else we would need. I mean we still need small stuff like diapers, wipes, burp clothes, and I really want a Graco double stroller. Other than that we are ready when I stop and think about it. Well, I guess ready or not here we come in a few weeks!

6 comments:

mccabe44 said...

I have a double stroller that I am willing to part with if you want it. We got it right before we went to sea world when tucker was only a yr old.

Sarah Fruge said...

Is it Graco?

Heather Guymon said...

OK seriously how funny...Hannah was JUST asking us for one of those cars she could drive. She calls it her "own car" ha. I would LOVE to be able to get her something like that but seriously...$350 is just TOO MUCH!

Hope you guys have a GREAT time at the birthday party this weekend! Claire is just so cute!

Sarah Fruge said...

I know Heather! They are SO expensive. We just can't afford it right now. I hope she's not heart broken.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

This is Caroline Shillig and I met you in RS in Vidor. I saw your comment on Marianne's blog and checked out yours :)
I bought my graco DBL stroller for about $100 w/free shipping from albeebaby.com I LOVE THAT store!

Good luck with it all :)

Sarah Fruge said...

Thanks Caroline! I'll check out the website