Friday, August 28, 2009

38 Week Appt

I didn't gain any weight, strange since I ate about 5 lbs of chocolate last week! I do still mow and walk 2-3 miles a day though. Thank goodness, or I would be putting on the weight! Anyway, so he's still breech and is now in the footling position, which could be dangerous. If my water were to break the cord could come out and cut the blood/oxygen off to the baby.



Yea, something else to worry about. I am still about the same, 1 cm and 60% effaced. We talked about how we felt about an external version, trying to turn the baby from the outside. Dr Long and I both don't really like that idea. It could be very dangerous. He said it was my choice of what I wanted to do, but he would like to wait until I'm at least 39 weeks to do anything. So I told him I'd schedule my 39 week appt, and we would decided a plan of action then.

I have SO much on my mind. Last night I just couldn't take it anymore and broke down to Kevin. I'm so worried. I don't want a c-section, but I don't think he is going to turn either. I'm worried about my water breaking and the cord coming out and cutting off oxygen to Lindon. I don't want to go into labor either because I don't want his foot coming out. I don't sleep at all anymore. My hips hurt me SO bad, the heartburn is horrible, and I have vaginal pressure so bad that it hurts to even lift my legs.

I'm really not a complainer. I hate to complain because I know other people have it way worse than I do. I just need to get this off my chest I guess. I'm really regretting not scheduling something for next week. It's not the waiting that is bothering me. It's the worrying. I don't want something to happen and have to rush to the hospital and be scared that something bad is going to happen.

This boy sure is giving me problems, and he's not even here yet! I just want him here the safest way possible and for him and I to be healthy. I'm really not looking for sympathy. I just needed to get it off my chest.

3 comments:

AngelaLexi79 said...

A C section isn't as bad as it sounds. I was up and walking around just fine...no pain right after they took the catheter out. The only thing you have to worry about is lifting and reaching. Good luck in whatever you decide....Hopefully Ill get to come see Lindon at the hospital...

Betty said...

Hey - everything is going to be fine. There's no point in worrying cuz it's all in Heavenly Father's hands anyway. Just leave it to Him. Everything is okay. I love you, and you're always in my prayers.

Becky said...

GOOD LUCK with everything today!!!