Saturday, October 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home

The street where Kev was at all day
White House look alike in Irving, TX

Texas Stadium

The picture speaks for itself

It's so good to be with my baby again!!!

We are back home! These past couple months have been so busy. We evacuated for two hurricane, then we had to clean up after Ike, and now we went on this business trip. It's so great to be back home with my beautiful little angel, Claire. I missed her so much! I never thought I could miss someone so much. It was like I left a piece of myself.

So the trip home was more fun then the trip up by far. We were not in any hurry to leave. Kev finished his classes Thursday afternoon, but we decided to stay until Friday since our room was paid for until then. We woke up about 8am and went down and ate breakfast. After we ate we loaded up the car and headed out. Nick, my father-in-law, often goes on business trips and stops in Corsicana at the Russell Stover Candies Factory/Store. He usually comes home with tons of chocolate, and Kev and I thought he must spend at least $100 each trip, but when we called him to see if he wanted anything he said he only spends about $30. We were shocked until we went to check out with a whole cart of chocolate, and our total was only $27! Crazy!! I wished it were a little bit closer to me. They have candy for all holidays, and it's cheap!

After spending about 30 minutes there we got back on the road and headed to the Outlet Mall in Conroe. It was a pretty day, not too hot. It was nice to walk around with my honey holding hands. Kev bought a new church shirt, and I bought some new Nike's, an outfit from Van Heusen, and some other stuff. We were there for about 2 hours. When then cut across to Cleveland and went to my parents house to pick up my little girl and eat dinner. My mom made us Taco Salad. Yummy! Thanks Mom!!!
We got home at about 7pm last night. I spent that night putting clothes away and getting the house as organized as I could. I feel better now that everything is back to normal, and hopefully we don't have to go anywhere for awhile!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Cool pics! Megan wanted me to let you know that she actually made the taco salad! It's true - I didn't do a thing! Love ya'll!!!

Becky said...

Sounds like y'all had a good trip. That would be so awesome to get all the chocolate for cheap! Yum! yum!