Friday, October 10, 2008

Don't you just HATE plateaus!!


Everyone knows that I have been trying to lose weight for some time now. So far I have lost 61 lbs bringing my weight from 215 lbs to 154 lbs. Well, because of all this evacuating, eating like crap, and not exercising, I have gained back 4 lbs in about 2.5 months. UGH!! So I have to try something new. I have started trying to jog a mile a day. I want to beat my best time. In high school my fastest mile was 9:48. Slow, I know, but I have and will never be a fast person. I can live with that. I've been running them in about 12 minutes, but Monday I did it in 10 minutes flat! I was so proud, only 12 secs slower than my fastest. I'm getting there. I also ordered Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer. It's a Beachbody Program. You do a 10 minute video everyday except for on off days. It comes with a calendar to tell you what video to do on what day so that there is muscle confusion, and you won't hit that dreaded plateau! You're suppose to lose 1 jean size in the first 10 days. I'm excited to get it in and get to work! It should be here by next Friday, so I'm going to start it on that Monday, October 20. I'll keep you posted and let you know how it's going.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Sarah!!! I'm so proud of you! I didn't realize that you had lost that much! That is so awesome:) Mandy & I are running again - and lifting weights M-Th at 9:30 pm... you should come!

Betty said...

You go girl!!! Love ya!

Melanie said...

So I have tried to do your tag like 4 times but I just cannot come up with 6 quirky things about myself. I seriously can only think of like 2 things to write about. Maybe one day I'll get a total of 6 but I didn't want you to think I was ignoring the tag - I seriously can't think of what to put though!