Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sick & Tired

No not me... Claire. So Monday night at 5pm or 6pm Kev was in our bed, I was on the computer, and Claire was playing next to me on the floor. All the sudden Claire looks up at me and says, "Mommy, my tummy hurts." The next thing we heard was Claire blowing out her diaper. She had diarrhea. So I took her in the living room and cleaned her up. Then she was completely fine. She was singing and dancing, being herself. Not 10 minutes later, however, she came up to me again and said, "Mommy, my tummy hurts." She had another blow out. Poor baby. So yet again, I changed her, and she felt fine.

About 2 hours later Kev and I were laying in bed while Claire was on the floor playing. All the sudden she looked pale so I told her to climb on the bed and lay with Daddy. Once she got up there Kev needed a drink. (thank goodness, or I would have cleaned up 2 messes!) Once he was in the kitchen Claire sat up really fast, eyes wide, and said again that her tummy hurt. 2 seconds later she vomited all over our bed, herself, and me. This was Claire's first big girl throw up. Little baby throw up in NOTHING compared to big girl's. So we cleaned up all the mess (yes even Kevin helped. I was very proud of him!) while Claire was in our bath. She, again, was fine after she got out of the bath. She was playing and dancing. I wanted her to be still so Kev set Claire up on the air mattress in the living room, and I put in Sleeping Beauty. About thirty minutes later Kev and I were in our clean bed about to go to sleep when Kev heard Claire coughing and then throw up again! This time when I got her out of the bath she was so tired she couldn't even stand up so that I could dry her off.

I got up every hour that night to check up on her. She did vomit again at about 4am, but she hasn't since. Tuesday I gave her pedialyte and saltine crackers all day. She's doing really good now, happy as a clam!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Yikes. Sounds like her body didn't agree with something she ate. Poor thing.

Ronald said...

Sarah, tell Kevin I am impressed that he helped clean up the vomit. I hope Claire is doing much better.
Uncle Ron

Jennifer and Brett Hadley said...

Glad to hear everything is fine now and she is better!

Brianne said...

Oops! Didn't anyone tell you that little kids don't throw up just one time? The first time Austin did that it was a very similar story...he threw up about 5 times!! Not a fun night, I feel your pain.

I hope she's feeling better!!!