Monday, October 27, 2008

Time Out For Women





It was great! I picked Grammer up at her house and got to Danita's at about 8:30am. I believe we were on the road by 9am. We stopped at the Katy Mills Mall for a potty break and some food. We got back on the road and got to the Hyatt Place, our hotel, at about 4:30pm or sometime close to that. We all decided to go to the Friday night Conference except for Grammer. I'm glad I went because Sister Chieko Okazaki's talk was great. Michael McLean was brilliant!! I enjoyed him so much!

Saturday we got up and loaded the car and set out the 2 blocks to the convention center (on foot, which I enjoyed). We took an early lunch break and while we were walking toward the riverwalk and the mall, we met one of the presenters, Jason Wright. He is a really nice man. We enjoyed chatting with him for a few minutes and took a picture with him. He noticed that we were skipping out earlier and told us to make sure we were back by 2:30 to listen to him. We made sure we were back in time! I also talked with Hilary Weeks and Sister Okazaki.

I got home at about 11pm on Saturday night. Kev waited up for me. He surprised me with some beautiful new earrings, a necklace, and a watch. I guess he missed me! It's nice to know.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like you had a good time! Have you read the book, I Am a Mother by Jane Johnson? It's a great book. I heard that she was going to be speaking there too. I wish I could have gone just to hear her... Well, we missed y'all at the party! Maybe we can catch ya next year!

Betty said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! You can never regret attending one of these conferences, and who better with than family?! Thanks for letting us keep Princess Claire! Tell Kev he's still my FAVORITE son-in-law!!! Love ya'll!